Sunday, January 10, 2010



Sundays. Those dark, ominous days that I wish I could fast-forward through. There is a certain feeling I get when I wake up on Sundays. I feel as if all my life has stopped, all the happiness has been drained and a huge void lies comfortably on my stomach. I guess this feeling can be justified, since Sunday marks the end of the weekend, and the begining of the schoolweek... But still, I can't help but feel helpless.

It's funny how we people always manage to bring ourselves down in just seconds, but never manage to make ourselves feel content and happy on our own. And it's funny how on this damn Sunday I managed to reach my all-time low. And trust me, I did try to elevate my mood but nothing seemed to work! I cooked, I exercised, I took pictures (like the one above), I watched pointless tv, I avoided all the boring schoolwork. But I still felt that exhaustion and loneliness. I want this day to be over soon.

Tomorrow will be Monday. The day of responsibility. The day I will come face to face with all the assignments I haven't turned in, all the studying I haven't completed. And the feeling will be inadequacy. It's ok though. Because it won't be Sunday.

I can handle inadequacy anytime. It's too easy, you just immerse yourself in work and try to catch up. And eventually I will. But loneliness? That I can't cope with.

No comments:

Post a Comment